If you are looking for an easy, light, yet filling breakfast, snack, or craving for that sweet tooth, the Cayenne Oatmeal Bars are perfect for all of those needs.
This recipe for cayenne oatmeal bars is tasty and filling. You can adjust the amount of cayenne to cater to your heat palate needs and wants. These bars are great for the digestive tract, and blood circulation.
Cayenne Oatmeal Bars
If you like a little heat with that sweet then these bars are perfect for you! They are a huge hit in my house, even with the kids. Cayenne Oatmeal Bars by Wild Alex Herbs.
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup flaxmeal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2/3 cup pure local honey
- 1 cup creamy sunflower butter
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground cayenne
- 2 cups unsweetened whole pitted dates, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 6 cups old fashioned oats
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9″x13″ casserole dish by spraying or brushing with olive oil. Add parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix together the orange juice, flaxmeal, vanilla extract, applesauce, honey and sunflower butter until well combined.
- Add the cinnamon, cayenne, dates, pecans, salt and mix well. Lastly, add the oats until well incorporated with the wet ingredients.
- Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared dish. Firmly press down the mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from pan. Cut bars once totally cooled.
- Eat and enjoy!