Need a quick and healthy dinner? Here it is! The Baked Sweet Potato with Beans recipe is something I quickly put together one night not knowing what in the world to make for dinner. This vegetarian dinner is sure to please your palette.
Plus, this recipe uses the Wild Alex Herb taco seasoning, Diego Rivera/Frida Kahlo, that you can get at the Wild Alex Herbs Etsy shop. It’s a wild blend of herbs and spices that includes herbs such as nettle and dandelion. So, be wild and give it a whirl.
A healthy, vegetarian dish even the kids will enjoy! You can purchase my taco seasoning blend at http://www.etsy.com/shop/WildAlexHerbs
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 -15 oz can kidney beans
- 1 -15 oz can butter beans
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 teaspoons Diego Rivera or Frida Kahlo WAH taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon butter or oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bake the sweet potatoes for 45-50 minutes at 350 degrees. They are done when you can easily pierce through them with a fork or knife. Meanwhile…
- Melt butter in a pan. Add the onion and saute for about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger. Cook for another minute. Then add the spices, cook for about 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes. Give it a good stir. After about 5 minutes add beans. Stir, cover and cook until warmed through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice the baked sweet potato in half lengthwise and top with beans.
Pin this recipe.